Justin Bieber has come a long way since posting his video on YouTube – he’s now a worldwide phenomenon! It’s time for a chat with pop’s biggest star.
Justin, do you consider yourself a romantic?
Yeah I’m a pretty romantic guy. My mom did a great job raising me – I’m a pretty sensitive guy as well.
Aww, so if you want to do something especially romantic, what do you do?
I think the best romantic ideas are things that you spend time on. Maybe a picnic, where you bring all the stuff and make it something she’s going to remember, so she can tell all her friends and say: ‘He did this for me.’
What’s the most romantic thing someone has done for you?
I think it’s mostly up to the guy to be romantic, so I don’t think the girl should be the romantic one, I think it should be the guy.
Why do you think that?
I just think that it’s your responsibility, you are the guy, you have to be the one to take her out, she can’t be taking you out. And for me, I feel it takes away my masculinity.
What is the best advice that your mum gave to you?
Probably to always remember where I came from. And to always stay humble.
What kind of things make you laugh?
I love to watch movies. I love Will Ferrell and my favourite is Kevin Hart, I think he’s very funny. Look him up, he’s pretty new on the scene.
You must meet so many celebrities, is there anyone special that gives you goosebumps?
Michael Jackson. I definitely want to be on that level someday.
Did you ever meet him?
I never got the chance to meet him. When I first moved to the US, I came to LA to rehearse and he was right across the street, he was watching a movie at the cinema across the road. So he was there and I wanted to run over and see if I could catch him, but he had already left so I missed him. I was disappointed.
Is there still a friend from school that you see and hang out with?
Yeah, actually my friend Ryan. He’s here with me today and we’ve been friends since I was really young, so it’s really special that he’s being able to ride on the journey with me.
Congratulations on the success of your album Believe. How happy are you?
Thank you! I am very excited that Believe is being so well received. I worked very hard on the album and I’m glad people are liking it.
What songs are you looking forward to singing live?
I’m excited about the entire album – from As Long As You Love Me, which is a high energy dance performance, to Die In Your Arms, which I perform acoustically with my guitar player, Dan Kanter. Performing is my favourite part of my job.
After seeing you at the Summertime Ball this year, we are very excited about the tour – what can your UK fans expect?
We’re just getting the tour together, but the UK fans can expect a great show that is even bigger than the My World Tour. I am so excited and blessed to go out on tour again.
What goes on your rider?
Water, tea, fruit, snack bars – nothing too crazy!
What do you get up to backstage?
We hang around and play video games a lot. We keep it very relaxed before a show.
Any rituals before you go on stage?
We always do a prayer circle before I go on stage.
Can you remember what you were thinking the first time you put a video on YouTube?
When I first started posting videos on YouTube, I was just sharing videos of me in a local singing contest with a family members who couldn’t be there.
How important is the internet to your career?
The internet is extremely important to my career. I was discovered on YouTube, I use Twitter to communicate with my fans everyday. The internet is and always has been an important lifeline between me and my fans.
How are you coping with all the attention? You get mobbed EVERYWHERE you go?
I love the attention – what 18-year-old guy wouldn’t like to be chased around by teenage girls all day long!
,p> Is there anywhere you can go incognitio?
There are a few places I can go where I don’t get recognised, but things stay low key. But I can’t give my secrets away and tell you where those are.
Spoilsport! Do you ever have days when you just think, arrrgh leave me alone?
Of course, Everyone has bad days. I’m just lucky that when I’m feeling tired or rundown, I can think about my fans and the support they give me everyday – I never want to let them down.
What do you do when you feel like that – do you take time out?
My team makes sure I get at least one day off a week to relax and hang out.
Justin’s single As Long As You Love Me is out on August 20th.
Words: Marie-Claire Giddings/J Davidson/Celebritext.
You can enter Teen Now’s competition to win one of 10 bottles of Justin’s new perfume ‘Girlfriend’ by emailing email@example.com putting ‘Biebs’ as the subject.
- swagblogger2k11 likes this
- paradise-0verd0se reblogged this from justi-nbieber
- katie30648662 likes this
- purpleblueberriesnmangoes likes this
- oopsjelena reblogged this from aplacefarbetterthanreality
- aplacefarbetterthanreality reblogged this from jlove2013
- swaggiepurple reblogged this from kidrauhlesmiher0e
- kidrauhlesmiher0e reblogged this from jlove2013
- agarotadolivro likes this
- howisitalready3am likes this
- imafuckingpurpleunicornio reblogged this from jlove2013
- bieberstronger reblogged this from jlove2013
- paparazzibieber reblogged this from jlove2013
- paparazzibieber likes this
- beilebing2645 likes this
- cometomejerry reblogged this from jlove2013
- aramindbieber likes this
- jlove2013 reblogged this from jbnewss
- gonnakissmeornot reblogged this from justinbieberswagga
- janoski4ns likes this
- juliobelieber reblogged this from bieber-news
- giannaaaaaaaaa reblogged this from oh-my-bieber-swag
- giannaaaaaaaaa likes this
- chuckmesomefame likes this
- oh-my-bieber-swag reblogged this from bieber-news
- valejpuffa reblogged this from bieber-news
- alwaysthink-pink reblogged this from bieber-news
- ibeliebkidrauhl likes this
- beautifuleyees likes this
- jb1ebs likes this
- ikeephittinrepepepeat reblogged this from ukbiebersource
- beach-kids-swag reblogged this from belieboutloud
- beach-kids-swag likes this
- greatbieberswag reblogged this from bieber-news
- squishykai likes this
- dreamscometrue2515 reblogged this from bieber-news
- fatynfitri reblogged this from bieber-news
- whataonedeefulworld likes this
- angelicbieber likes this
- heartless-mess reblogged this from middleoffnowhere
- belieboutloud reblogged this from bieber-news
- rauhlinwiththebiebs reblogged this from sexingjustinbieber
- iloveablebieberswag likes this
- pinkfairyshanu reblogged this from teambieberfied
- sexingjustinbieber reblogged this from bieber-news
- sexingjustinbieber likes this
- teambieberfied reblogged this from ukbiebersource
- dabieberconda likes this
- makeyoubelieve6 reblogged this from middleoffnowhere
- middleoffnowhere reblogged this from jusgohollywood